Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
The Community Film Studio Santa Barbara wants everyone who shares an interest in movies to join and become part of film-making history.
SANTA BARBARA, CA (Catholic Online) - The CFSSB brings together experienced professionals and those with little or no experience to make movies locally for audiences around the world.
Jack Presnal, board president and chief instigator, said, "Films to be produced will be very modestly budgeted. Their excellence will come from the contributions of the members. No matter your background, there is a role in CFSSB for everybody. Making a movie requires the widest range of skills, not just technical film skills, to reach the screen. So, truly, even with no experience or background, there is an important part for everyone to play."
The first film for CFSSB will be under the teachings of well-known actress Finola Hughes.
"I am extremely excited to be involved in this endeavor; joining my community in the launch of such a new, autonomous venture in film making," said Hughes.
It's very easy to get started. Just follow these steps:
Start at the CFSSB website: www.CFSSB.org.
1. Complete an online application and join ($25 per individual or $50 for a family. Dues can be paid via cash, check or MC/Visa/AMEX.).
2. Join a committee and start helping to shape our process and path.
3. Consider crew positions you might have skills in, or are interested in learning about. There are a number of positions that require no film background or training.
4. Take a workshop and start becoming a master at one of the many areas of production.
5. Once the shooting schedule is announced, try to make time available in your schedule to be able to participate. This is the single most important contribution you can make.
6. Become a part of the film's promotional effort through Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. Help build awareness and interest in others seeing the film. Not only will we make the films but we will distribute them as well.
7. Bring all your neighbors to a screening. Buy the DVD. Download and watch.
8. Now, let's start on the next movie.
On Sunday afternoon; April 29 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Marjorie Luke Theatre, 721 E. Cota St. (SB Jr. High), there will e an introduction to the project, how you can become a part of it, and meet the board of directors. There is no charge and parking is free.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.